Friday, August 12, 2011

My Pez Collection



My Pez collection started in 2004 with a Sylvester cat, 3CPO, an Ewok, a Yoda, and Spider man that I had from when I was younger. I then purchased the 4 Incrediblesdispenser set that was the most current out and my how my collection has grown!

With a grand total of 453 pez dispensers, with 46 of them being duplicates (more than one of the same pez, example, I have two penn state football pez dispensers). Many of these I bought on my own, a few were gifts but very few, I think I can count on one hand how many were given to me. Most come from stores but a lot come from ebay.

Collecting Pez has been around since the 1950's when Pez came out. Originally they were mints for smokers but soon became candy and aimed towards kids. I have some rare and expensive pez dispensers but which one is my favorite? It's hard to say, like many parents
with their kids, there is always a clear favorite but honestly I'm not sure I have one.

Pez, in my opinion, makes one of the best things to collect for these reasons.
1. They are cheap, costing only a dollar or slightly over.
2. They can be found almost anywhere, from all kind of stores to the internet to garage sales.
3. They appreciate in value, every single one of my dispensers costs more than the day I bought it, and that's nice to know.
4. They have been around for so long that there is always something to look for and always a good challenge to find certain ones, while at the same time quite easy obtaining new ones!
5. There has never been a better time to start collecting Pez, Pez has come out with more new series of Pez dispensers in the last few years than they ever have, with no end in sight, there will always be something to collect!

Pez make great gifts and are fun to collect. I've always wanted to have a collection and throughout the years I have tried, but in the end Pez really is the best thing to collect, but that's my two cents.

No comments: