Friday, April 11, 2014

PLANTERS PEANUT BUTTER REVIEW

Well, well, well, look who has decided to throw their hat into the peanut butter ring, their TOP hat I should say. PLANTERS! Does Planters have what it takes to be my number one peanut butter choice?



Why not? Planters is known for their peanuts so how hard is it to believe they should make peanut butter as well? I was shocked and horrified to find Planters brand peanut butter in the peanut butter aisle in the grocery store. We all know the usual candidates when we go to purchase our peanut butter and we all know which one is our favorite. Did you know that 96% of people buy the peanut butter brand that was used in their home as a child??? (I made that up, but it sounds true.)

I got the crunchy style peanut butter as you see here. Upon opening up the jar, I was welcomed with the aroma of fresh peanuts. The taste was very good. The actual peanut butter was very creamy and smooth with all the peanuts around it. I'm a big fan of crunchy peanut butter and this stuff was some of the best I've ever had, but was it the best EVER? 

PLANTERS VS. SKIPPY
Hormel Foods makes Skippy, and I have had it but it never did anything for me. Its so plain, the label is plain, the name is plain, even Hormel is such a plain company. Sorry Skippy, you just don't have what it takes when put up against the refined style of Mr. Peanut. See you in trailer parks around the country Skippy.  Please SKIP the SKIPPY next time you're shopping. As for you Hormel....I love your pepperoni, please don't ever stop making that.

PLANTERS VS. PETER PAN
Ok, not sure how Peter Pan got his own peanut butter but he did. Maybe because he is so child-like and children love PB and J? At any rate, Peter Pan was the peanut butter of choice for my grandmother, so I am no stranger to Peter's nut butter. The label is better, actually depicting Peter Pan flying around in his green tights, but at the end of the day is that what I want in a peanut butter company? Evidently not.  I will admit that putting a cartoon character on a product meant for children is a good idea, but Peter Pan you are nothing compared to the awesomeness of that regal peanut we all know and love. All in all, Planters is better than Peter Pan. 

PLANTERS VS. JIF 
They say choosy moms choose Jif. Really? Well maybe a choosy mom needs to be more choosy and choose a different peanut butter! Jif has been my brand for many years. I think its the best overall and why wouldn't a peanut butter brand owned by a famous Jelly company be the perfect fit? Who else but the fine people at Smuckers would do the research to find the absolute PERFECT peanut butter to go with their Jelly? I don't know but I do know that they seem to produce the best product to go along with their Jelly, that is....UNTIL NOW. 

Sorry Jif, Peter Pan, and Skippy. Planters Peanut Butter is just plain BETTER. You've been outdone by that suave sophisticated Mr. Peanut but don't feel bad, after all peanut butter is made out of peanuts and no one else does peanuts like Planters. 

That is my review of the new peanut butter brand on the block and on my bread. Go out and try some of Planters Peanut Butter because it's the best, but that's just my two cents. 

No comments: