Tuesday, February 24, 2015

My Blog's new logo

Looking through a list of suggested blogs made me feel like I was on pintrest. So many clever names and wonderful default pictures that made me start to think about mine. It's just my ugly face. I decided I needed a picture that would represent this blog. What on earth can sum up this blog in one picture?? Nothing, but second to nothing is what I have used here! 

I decided that if my blog is about my opinions and therefore isn't really about one thing in particular, I should have a catchy name. That is how I came up with my two cents, being that giving one's, "two cents," on something means their opinion. I thought I should have 2 cents in the new logo. Who better to also represent this blog than the sophisticated Mr. Peanut. Luckily I have an old Mr. Peanut thing that I got during my Mr. Peanut phase. (Read about it here http://andrew-mytwocents.blogspot.com/2013/03/i-love-mr-peanut.html )Not sure what this was for, maybe for nuts, I don't know but it's cast iron and I keep change in it. 

Now I actually dug through all of my change to find the pennies. I placed them near his feet so you could see two cents. I left the rest of the pennies in the dish part. After several shots and different angles I got what I liked the most. Then I made it look really old because that statue thing I have is really old. You can't tell that picture was taken in 2015 can you? Thought it turned out pretty cool. Anyway that is the new blog logo! Hope you like it, and if you don't, I don't care! But that's just my two cents...



New Logo facts!

  • Mr. Peanut statue thing was bought on ebay for $14.25 during my Mr. Peanut phase.
  • The two pennies pictured are a 1982 and a 2008, one for the year I was born and one for the year I started this blog. 
  • I wanted a 1982 and a 2008 penny for the picture and went through all the pennies until I found them both, the 2008 was the only one of that year and it was literally the last penny in the dish. 
  • There were three 1982 pennies and one 2008 penny in the dish.
  • The picture was taken and changed by using my new Droid Turbo.
  • 56 cents of pennies in the dish
  • 23 quarters 
  • 16 dimes
  • 9 nickels 
  • 1 non US currency coin from the Wizard of Oz machine at Hoopla's. 
  • $8.36 total in the dish.
  • Oldest penny in dish, a 1966 penny. 
  • Newest penny in dish, four 2014 pennies.
  • Years missing from the '70's, 1972, 1975, 1978, 1979
  • Years missing from the '80's, 1983
  • Years missing from the '90's, 1991, 1993, 1997, 1999
  • Years missing from the 2000's, 2000, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2011
  • Most numerous year of penny, four 1996 and four 2014 
  • Four different years had 3 pennies, six different years had 2 pennies. 
  • The oldest looking penny was the 1966 penny, the oldest penny there was.
  • One of the two 1989 pennies was so beat up I could hardly read it.
  • All of the backs were identical, except for the 2009, it had its own different back due to the Lincoln's cent 100th anniversary and the two 2012's and four 2014's had the same back that depicts the shield and not the Lincoln Memorial like the rest.
  • Laid the pennies on top of the other dish so you couldn't see any other coin.
  • This blog about the picture is my 175th post. 
  • From 1982 pennies are made from copper coated zinc. 
  • All the pennies in the dish before 1982 are made out of brass. 
  • The new design for the back came out in 2010, the old design of the Lincoln Memorial was made in 1909. 
  • Each penny weighs 3.11 grams, total weight of pennies in dish, 174.16 grams. 
  • Pennies are fatal to dogs if eaten but not humans.  

No comments: